About Me

Ethereal

Reaction score
I believe I forgot to introduce myself, so I'll do it now.
My name is Suzanne and I live in Colorado. I attend Front Range Community College in Westminster, CO. I'm in my second semester and hope to be entering their interpreter's program in the fall. My mother was an interpreter when I was a child and I grew up with several deaf friends. Unfortunately, most of them have moved and I no longer speak with them. I have made some new friends through school and church, which is good, because I need people to practice with. I grew up signing, so signing is natural to me. However, my mom stopped interpreting when I was around 12, so I forgot most of the signs I wasn't using a lot. I'm really enjoying school and learning how to sign more efficiently and I'm really improving my finger spelling skills, which I love.
Well, I've probably babbled on long enough, so I think I'll stop now.

Welcome to AD! Enjoy your stay! :thumb:

if you have any questions about deafies and whatsnot, just ask! There are several interpreters around here as well, I am sure that they will be more than glad to answer your interpret-related questions if any question arises.

Thank you very much. You may soon regret your offer of information, but I greatly appreciate it.

Hello

Welcome to AD and enjoy your stay here! ;)

Ethereal said:
Thank you very much. You may soon regret your offer of information, but I greatly appreciate it.
I am not sure what you mean by that. Care to explain? :confused:

welcome aboard ! i envy ya cuz u live in my dream state, co. :)

do u know caloy f.? he teaches in asl class at front range comm college i believe.

Magatsu said:
I am not sure what you mean by that. Care to explain? :confused:
Pardon. I meant that, because I have some many questions, you may end up regreting your offer to answer them.

deafclimber said:
welcome aboard ! i envy ya cuz u live in my dream state, co. :).
May I ask why *shudders* Colorado?

deafclimber said:
do u know caloy f.? he teaches in asl class at front range comm college i believe.
No, sorry, I don't. I only know of female ASL instructors.

Last edited:
Back