A suggestion about mods

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if that will work for this forum.

I have seen some other forums have that set up.

For example one of the mod is responsible for checking in 2 different forum categories like General chat and introduce yourself. It would make moderating easier rather than mixing them up in different forums. They can switch places once a week or two so they won't get bored with the same place.

Feel free to express your opinions.

Thanks

But some forums have a heavier posting load at times. :dunno:

That's why I said they can monitor the busier ones and the quieter ones, not just one forum per mod. They can just monitor a few forums. I know general chat is the busiest forum on Alldeaf, though.

Good Idea. I would love to have a sweet, openminded, softhearted MOD in the CRAZY thread. :D

We did something like that years ago. Those mods ended up disappearing anyway.

Also, assigning mods to certain areas might make the job easier... but harder for everyone else.

What if there was a problem in one forum and the mod assigned to that forum was not available? Another mod couldn't do it because he/she isn't assigned to that forum. That leaves the site admin to take care of the problem.

I would rather have all mods within reach to handle a problem than only 1 mod. :thumb:

We did something like that years ago. Those mods ended up disappearing anyway.

Also, assigning mods to certain areas might make the job easier... but harder for everyone else.

What if there was a problem in one forum and the mod assigned to that forum was not available? Another mod couldn't do it because he/she isn't assigned to that forum. That leaves the site admin to take care of the problem.

I would rather have all mods within reach to handle a problem than only 1 mod. :thumb:

Vampy has a point, I tried to do the same for my forum, but it doesn't work.

Hmmm, some of you have a good point about that. Sometimes mods have to take turns if someone isn't avialable to take the position when the thread goes awol.

*Facepalm*

No wonder the moderating on this site is sub-par. I moderate a forum, Animenation.com, and we have 'global' S-Mods, and specific forum moderators. If the specific forum moderators are not availbale, do we sit around twiddling our thumbs and wait for that person?? LMAO.

I agree about trolling, but within reason.

I have seen a lot of forums go down in flames when the mods decide they should be mod nazi's. I wouldn't want to see this happen to AD.

Back