A School Update

SJCSue

Reaction score
Well, I have decided to tell you about the first few weeks of the semester. My professors are very nice. Most students who are in my classes are very nice. At first, I thought it was weird that a small group of students from my Social Work class are ACTUALLY in the same Criminology (Sociology of Crime) class. However, I used to the fact now! :giggle:

:pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:

I went to club meetings for 3 different clubs. One meeting was held in the huge conference center. So, I told the other students to speak up because I wanted to hear them. However, a very few students followed my instructions. So, I know the modestor of the club and I told him that I want to be in the club but I did not like the fact that kids (most freshmen) did not pay attention to my instructons. He said that he will remind the kids at the next meeting on Tuesday.

:pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed:

I am getting off my soapbox so I can do some homework before the season premiere of Smallville. :giggle:

Glad the semester is off to a great start for you! Hope the club meeting goes a little smoother next meeting.

:ty::ty::ty::ty::ty:

:rl::rl::rl::rl::rl: to the students who do not listen this time.

People are people, Sue, especially hearies! I think I'm the only deaf guy (and the only one with a dog) at my university and it's the same here, too. I eat alone and hardly anyone talks to me, unless it's in class. Don't let it bother you, Sue, you're too good for that and, if the other students want to be that way, just remember, if you're fluent in asl, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get into discussions in the clubs by only signing . . . watch them freak out when they can't understand what you're saying! :D :lol: :naughty: :rockon:

People are people, Sue, especially hearies! I think I'm the only deaf guy (and the only one with a dog) at my university and it's the same here, too. I eat alone and hardly anyone talks to me, unless it's in class. Don't let it bother you, Sue, you're too good for that and, if the other students want to be that way, just remember, if you're fluent in asl, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get into discussions in the clubs by only signing . . . watch them freak out when they can't understand what you're saying! :D :lol: :naughty: :rockon:

:deal::deal::deal::deal::deal:

I am not fluent in ASL yet. However, I know some basic signs.

:fingersx::fingersx::fingersx::fingersx::fingersx:

That's great and those students better start showing u respect. I didnt realize that u dont know ASL.

Today's Meeting

At the meeting, the officers of the club did the majority of the speaking and they all spoke up. A student said something and the president of the club repeated it for everyone in the large conference center.

I was in the classroom for the club meeting and some freshmen thought it was in the conference center. I told them that the room was the correct one and they do not believe me. fine with me. If they want to treat me like d and d.

At the meeting, the officers of the club did the majority of the speaking and they all spoke up. A student said something and the president of the club repeated it for everyone in the large conference center.

I was in the classroom for the club meeting and some freshmen thought it was in the conference center. I told them that the room was the correct one and they do not believe me. fine with me. If they want to treat me like d and d.

It's not that, Sue. You know very well that freshmen know everything, so don't let it bother you, okay hon? :hug:

Back