a new suggestion heh

SpiceHD

Reaction score
why dont u make a new place for people just to vent ... u know to complain, to cuss, whatever like if they have bad day and need to vent?

just a suggestion and i think it would be good idea to have a specific catory for it so people can just to vent things out.

we had once discussed that and seemed it would not be created cuz many of them are posted in the General Chat section --

personally i think its a good idea with it locked only for mature members to be allowed access IMHO

i agree with mature members only to be allowed in that because of language they might use. i know i would use it myself and would feel better knowing i didnt actually offend anybody, knowing no members under age would be there, and plus venting it out would help.

SpiceHD said:
i agree with mature members only to be allowed in that because of language they might use. i know i would use it myself and would feel better knowing i didnt actually offend anybody, knowing no members under age would be there, and plus venting it out would help.

yea Spice -- plus for myself i would also put in consideration of some ppl who may have some tendency to gossip, show other ppl ur venting posts, say some flaming remarks when its totally uncalled for and are not to be trusted -- so its pretty much a sticky situation -- its really up to the admin and the mod team if they feel agreeable to it or not and if theyre agreeable WOULD they actually have it protected to prevent other members access as it is deemed appropriate qq that would be the biggest question i would put on them

yes it is risky thats why its kinda like entering on your own risk or something liek that?

on Alldeaf yes it is -- members take a risk at posting their own vent threads knowing its public -- on other forums im a member of and an Asst. Admin on 1 forum, theyre either password protected or are Administator protected where u have to PM the admin asking for permission to access the venting/ranting section of the forum and so far they have worked well to my knowledge and observations cuz that really takes more control on WHO gets access or not based on the member's posts and how they express themselves

if a member was the type to flame constantly would u want that member to view ur vent/rant knowing that the member would more likely flame u qq NO right qq

if a member was the type to copy/paste ur post and put it in email or IM to share to other ppl YOUR comments, would u want that to happen qq NO right qq

those are 2 examples out of several we have to keep in mind -- it takes some discussion between the Admin and their mod team to come up with the best avenue possible to give members a "space" where they can feel comfortable venting all they want to vent cussing up a storm or whatever knowing they are not going to be flamed or anything else -- there also have to be some set rules that must be enforced as well -- if a member who was allowed access was found to be a flamer or had been found to copy/paste a member's rant/venting post, he/she would be automatically banned from the section -- its something that has to be strictly enforced cuz we want to be able to have members be COMFORTABLE

you said that perfectly.. i cant say it any better than that. so shall we wait and see what others think about that huh? :)

ofc we can hear from Alex and his mod team along with other members who might want to put in their thoughts as well :)

Its not a bad idea. I get peeved this time of year because all of the yahoos are out driving. I come home ticked off and then get on-line. It would be nice to have a place just to blow off some steam. I really don't know any other members here so I can't vent about people here. I could see where that could be a problem should someone see it and be offended.

My vent

*anyone who was orginally from Wisc but currently lives in Ohio should be banned from alldeaf for life*

:D

It does sound like a good idea. However, it may get out of hand and create tension among members. One member may vent something for a purpose, but that purpose is looked at differently by others... and then they don't like each other any more. We're here to create a friendly environment... not to create a hateful environment.

We did give members a chance to prove themselves worthy of having a venting forum. However, members abused that chance... caused problems and created flame wars. It still continues to get out of hand... even by our frequent and "mature" members. That's why I think that we're not ready for one yet.

IMO it s because it was not tightly under supervision and out of control, im the admin of another forum AND where my forum for venting section is very much under control and they are forewarned right then and there before accessing the venting section not to copy and paste and or flame one another and to be able to express freely, regardless, and it has proven very nicely for the forum, as for this forum I have EVERY respect for alex and his team but the consideration of this, is it can not be a loose cannon for venters who feels theyw ill be flamed. So if password protected and respected as well, then it would be very much controlled and the venter can have the option of locking that thread once they have vented out, per requesting to the mod team and or Admin who's on the forum to prevent any possiblity of flaming. I belive ALL members should be allowed toflame BUT it has to take a form of controlled area where one can request password and the venter and ranter can FEEL comfy and united as well knowing that the other poeple who do not go into that section will be * weeded out* the good and the bad seed of plms.

I hope that there will be a venting section so that All Deaf members can vent out and feel good abt it without being put down in a sense cuz a rule will be enforced with respect, considerations and justifcations.

Rules are already been set up here in AD, by respecting, no bashing , insulting or any namecalling, still some members intend to break one or two rules, and the bottom line is, this hasn't end so what makes you think once we add a venting forum here in AD, will stop members from doing so?

Another thing to point out here, some of us usually is online often while some of the mods inculding Alex has jobs , they can't always be on watch 24/7 to be sure things doesn't go out of hand, lately I see too many threads being flamed, namecalling, insulting etc ( the list goes on ).....and Do I want to see more of that here in AD? the answer is NO I don't and I didn't come here to see members can cuss out by venting things off their chest, there are other ways you can vent out without using cussing anyone out OR hurting anyone's feelings here in AD ....

I like AD the way it is, and sure don't want to see any venting forum being add here....

Let's not compare forums here cause I don't really care about the others out there and ALL I care about is AllDeaf and I like the way it is and what Alldeaf means to me! ....

Back