A few requests about how to sign this...

coolgirlspyer90

Reaction score
My friend and I were talking about sign language. I was teaching her some signs that she wanted to know. She asked me how to sign crime, judiciary, governmental affairs, fiscal, etc. Mainly governmental stuff because she's huge into history. And I tried asking my mom since she has a degree in interpreting (but never really has interpreted, she just mainly has a degree in sign language because of me.) I tried looking it up online, but there was none. I was wondering how you guys would sign these kind of examples that i have above. From what i think for: Crime, i would say it as in jail, but not all crimes are about jail kind of thing.

So, how would you sign these? I just wanted your opinion.

My friend and I were talking about sign language. I was teaching her some signs that she wanted to know. She asked me how to sign crime, judiciary, governmental affairs, fiscal, etc. Mainly governmental stuff because she's huge into history. And I tried asking my mom since she has a degree in interpreting (but never really has interpreted, she just mainly has a degree in sign language because of me.) I tried looking it up online, but there was none. I was wondering how you guys would sign these kind of examples that i have above. From what i think for: Crime, i would say it as in jail, but not all crimes are about jail kind of thing.

So, how would you sign these? I just wanted your opinion.

For crime I would use "behavior illegal".

She asked me how to sign crime, judiciary, governmental affairs, fiscal, etc..

I'm not 100% fluent, but this is how I'd sign it:
--crime: "behavior illegal"
--judiciary: sign like "court" or "judge" (the f-handshape that looks like a weighing scale)
--govermental affairs: sign like "government issue"
--fiscal: signed like "finance"

I think all the signs above can be shown at: ASL Browser

Just look up each word I put in quotations. I hope that's all proper! Someone correct me if it's not.

Back