?

Jellybean

Reaction score
What's the sign for e-mail?

Jellybean -- there are several ways to sign e-mail LOL

1 method ive seen is one hand in "C" and the other hand have the pointer finger going thru the "C"

another method ive seen is 1 hand is open palm up and the other hand is in "E" and sign it as in "send"

another is ofc to just spell it out

hope my definitions helps if this is what u are thinking qq

I use finger spell "email" that is all .. I see some ppl do sign with "C" and use other hand within finger like this "C-"

Interesting to see how u come up with email in ASL and comparing it with NZSL.

Ours is different so thought u might like to know how we sign our in NZSL

WE have both hands in a fist shape opposite of each others first then both our pointer finger flick out toward each others repeatly.

i use the C handshape with the pointer finger from my other hand through it. if my hands are warm I will fingerspell it

Jellybean -- there are several ways to sign e-mail LOL

1 method ive seen is one hand in "C" and the other hand have the pointer finger going thru the "C"

another method ive seen is 1 hand is open palm up and the other hand is in "E" and sign it as in "send"

another is ofc to just spell it out

hope my definitions helps if this is what u are thinking qq
That's what I do. :thumb:

WE have both hands in a fist shape opposite of each others first then both our pointer finger flick out toward each others repeatly.

ASL has that sign as well, but I've seen it most frequently to indicate a wireless network, or two machines "talking" to each other in some way (like your Sidekick and your computer, for example).

I've always fingerspelled email, but am glad to know that there are some accepted ASL signs, "cause I HATE fingerspelling!

I use the C with -, but it is not pointed finger but like open B hand.
I remember once someone told me "E" then "Letter". It was funny when I saw that. Then I met some international people who also said "E" then "post". Shrugs....

In this area we use this sign:

Non-dominant hand "C" shape; dominant hand "1" or "2" shape, pointed towards inside of "C".

Short motions back and forth for noun "email". (As used in an English sentence like, "I have an email account" or "I haven't read today's email.")

Longer single directional motions for verb form "I-email-you", or "you-email-me". (As used in an English sentence like, "I will email you the pictures later" or "Please email me the class notes.")

Back