How do I write a good answer? (Tips, etc)
Posted 12-11-2008 at 05:48 PM by Jolie77
Here are a few general things to keep in mind:
- Be polite
- Take your time and think it through
- Good spelling and grammar helps a lot
- Do not curse
- Don't use all capital letters - people will think you're "yelling"
- If it helps to illustrate your point, include an image or a video
- Don't just say "I don't know" or "If you do a search, you can find the answer" - It just isn't a very helpful answer, and oftentimes people are asking here because they've already tried to use a search engine and still couldn't find what they wanted.
- Cite your sources - people are more likely to believe you if you can back up what you say. The best way to cite a source is to paste the link right into your answer
- When giving a link to a page with the answer, also provide a summary to the answer. This way, if the site you're linking to goes down, people on AllDeaf will still get a good answer, not just a broken link.
- Stick to the facts - if you can cite specific facts, events, or your experience, your answer will appear more authoritative
- Do not belittle the questioner. Everyone deserves an answer!
Total Comments 0