Originally Posted by MrsSaraR
I confess a few things
1) I am getting a divorce
2) It's been so long since I've been allowed to handle my own money that I nearly cried when I had to buy makeup for myself.
3) I can't listen to a love song without my blood pressure skyrocketing.
4) I'm thinking about becoming an old maid
5) I'm ashamed to post this but I will anyway
6) I might come back and delete this later.
Don't feel ashamed. Sounds like you were in a bad (contoling?) marriage.
Be proud that you have found the courage to get out of it.
It will take an adjustment to your new way of life, but it will be worth it. Stay strong.