Decision is Made
Ok, so I have another appointment with the CI center on the 25th, this time with the actual surgeon who is going to be implanting both me and my daughter when it comes time to it. My princess has another appointment mid June, shortly after she has a CT scan and an MRI. This second appointment should verify that she is a candidate, then we decide where we are going from there with her. I will not get her a CI until after I have mine. I know her experience will be different from mine, because she is so much younger, and ideally I would like to get her implanted before the age of one, so there isn't as much she needs to be able to catch up on spoken language wise. Both my girls are still signing up a storm... and learning new signs every day!
But I have made my decision, I am going with medel on my CI, I like their longer electrode, and that it looks like it should give better access to sound. I'm not sure what we will do for our daughter, hers will be a much harder decision. There are aspects that look good on each, I am interested in possibly the AB for her, because of the water capabilities, but I know she doesn't need to be able to hear in water, but if she got splashed, I wouldn't want to loose her access to sound... Anyone have any ideas on which brand is best for a child? she is using water resistant Phonak Naidas right now... which has been helpful with the rain we have had for the past few days here.
but... When I go see the surgeon on the 25th, I should be able to schedule my surgery! Wish me luck!