View Single Post
Unread 02-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #62 (permalink)
Reba
Retired Terp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafCaroline View Post
All that private charity and yet if you look at a map of America's poor, the greatest concentrations are in the red states. Why export billions of dollars to the poor in other countries but turn your nose up at helping your fellow countryman? I dont understand that kind of reasoning at all.
If you're saying that the US should send less aid to foreign countries, and use that money at home, that's fine with me.

People who give to charities give to international and local organizations.

Quote:
Private charity is no guarantee the poor will have food in their stomach. If it was, there'd be no need for food stamps.
That's why we need a healthier economy so people won't need food stamps.

Quote:
Secondly, let's say Republicans succeed is eliminating food stamps, what do you think is going to happen? Riots.
Why do you say that Republicans are trying to eliminate food stamps?

Quote:
Republicans can talk about elminating food stamps all they want but guaranteed they never will actually do that. Are you kidding? There's be nationwide riots if that ever happened. Roosevelt was absolutely correct when he said if Republicans ever tried to eliminate social/entitlement programs, their party would no longer exist.
As far as I know, Republicans would like to see people not need food stamps, and that fraud be eliminated from these programs. I haven't heard about them wanting to eliminate the programs.