View Single Post
Unread 12-19-2011, 10:01 PM   #128 (permalink)
kellycat

I work as a financial educator, meeting with families helping them know what is going on with their money, what should/could happen, what good solid principles are, how to find investments that match your risk profile. You could be surprised how un-complicated it is to make good decisions, once you learn what makes a good decision. Of course that is different for everyone, so I can't define a good decision here. I don't know if it's appropriate to plug my company on here, but our focus is on financial education not just selling products. If you're interested in knowing more, you can let me know, I can give more specifics. I flagged the post to let me know if someone replies, and if you want the contact info, I can get it to you.

In general my advice is if someone tells you what's right for you without looking at your individual situation, goals, experiences, or whatever, that person has no idea what they're talking about. How could they make a blanket recommendation like that? No two people are in exactly the same spot with exactly the same goals! Any book has to be intentionally vague, so that makes the book not really that helpful.
kellycat is offline   Reply With Quote