, i need help on fiction story and i cannot find much case/example on CI practise. May be some people here, can help me with link to article/site or some knowledge to my charactor.
in my story there is 2deafblind girls(both deafblind since birth)
first girl is not totally deaf, just profoundly loss, but her hearing cannot be any used at all in speech. she received her CI at 13 and my curious is,
1. I don't know how long i should adjust for her to practise till she can use her speech efficiently. (she turn it on most of the time and giving hard practise).
2. how long she will be skipping school for CI operation. 1week? 2weeks? 1month?
3. will she be able to hear it like normal hearing person with CI.
4. if answer to question 3 is "no" and if she received the CI since birth, will she be able to hear like normal hearing person?
5. if answer to question 3 and 4 is "no", for a person who has hearing and speech but lost it later. will they be able to hear it like normal hearing person with CI?
6. if answer to question 3 and 4 and 5 is "no", if the technology improves, will that be possible or still difficult to achieve to that level.
my second girl is totally deaf-blind(also 13 years old) but her hearing nerve in brain still intact. there is a technology that voice can be sent directly to brain as brain wave in my story and she can hear with that thing. (it's fictional story)
i don't want her to receive CI but i have no clue which medical condition i should have for her as excuse. i try to search but cannot find case where teen cannot get CI, so...
7. Is there any case where teen cannot have operation?/cochlear implant?
Thank you all...!, really appreciated all reply here. i cannot find case about hearing development after get the CI for teen and don't know where else to ask. ( i've been reading here for a while and got a lot of useful info )
if too many to answer, just a link to article or where to find it also a great help.
ps. if my question offense someone please tell me
i still new to this forum.
Thank a lot!