Snap!VRS Pledges Continued Ethical Practices in Its Operations
Snap!VRS reacted to the recent enforcement activity against certain companies and individuals for their fraudulent use of relay services to generate revenue by describing its own continued commitment to unquestionably clean and honest business practices in the provision of video relay services to consumers. To be clear, Snap!VRS was not in any way involved in the recent enforcement activity.
“From the beginning, Snap!VRS has maintained the highest and strictest ethical standards in providing consumers with superior quality video interpreting and innovative products,” said President and Chief Executive Officer Tom Kielty.
“At Snap!VRS, we are willing to grow our business at a steadier pace for the sake of providing our customers with a conscientious brand of video relay services,” Kielty continued. “We are pleased that relay consumers have widely recognized Snap!VRS’ principled approach and we are now thriving because of it.”
“We understand that video relay service is a civil right that belongs to consumers. Our interests lie more in a desire to uphold the long term health of relay services, a responsibility to be a good citizen in the deaf and hard of hearing community, and a high level of support for the FCC to continue its focus on progressing relay services to ensure that it is available and accessible to everyone who needs to use it,” Kielty said.
“Snap!VRS adheres to legitimate and ethical business practices and has many processes and policies in place to make sure that these standards are kept,” said Jeff Rosen, Snap!VRS' General Counsel. “We review every operating plan and policy for compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, and always choose the most judicious route out of respect for our obligations to the community of relay users. Snap!VRS also works closely with its call centers and video interpreters in establishing extensive policies and training to maintain high integrity and strong compliance with FCC requirements in the provision of video relay interpreting.”
Snap!VRS is dedicated to doing business according to the following ethical principles:
• All calls are legitimate and organic video relay calls originated by consumers and not manufactured by the provider for the sake of creating additional revenue.
• All customers are treated equally with no preference for any specific person or location. Calls are connected on a first come, first serve basis.
• Snap!VRS does not provide any financial incentives or rewards for the use of its service.
• Maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of all our customers and the content of their calls is critical for all Snap!VRS video interpreters and employees.
• Employees or representatives of Snap!VRS do not make unnecessary VRS calls and do not extend calls beyond their necessary time.
• Snap!VRS is committed to advocating with the deaf and hard of hearing community in promoting their accessibility rights.
Snap!VRS is proud to have led the way with an ethical and successful business model which focuses on being ready and available whenever consumers chooses to make a relay call. Consumers can help preserve and protect the integrity of their relay services by choosing to only make their calls through VRS providers they know are doing business the right way.
Snap!VRS is a video relay service that delivers a high quality and convenient relay experience between people who use American Sign Language (ASL) and spoken English. Whether at home or in the office, relay users enjoy fast connections to experienced and professional ASL interpreters that are available anytime from a variety of video phones. Snap!VRS is committed to delivering video relay service with integrity and excellent customer service. To learn more about Snap!VRS, please visit Snap!VRS Video Relay Services