10-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sunshine State
Originally Posted by madison069
george bush has been in office for 7½ years. The first six the economy was fine.
A little over one year ago:
1) consumer confidence stood at a 2½ year high;
2) regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.
4) the dow jones stock market hit a record high, 14,000
5) american's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large...
But, the american's wanted 'change.' so, in 2006 they voted in a democratic congress, and yes, we got 'change' all right.
In the past year:
1) consumer confidence has plummeted;
2) gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing;
3) unemployment is up to 5..5% (a 10% increase);
4) americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 trillion dollars and prices still dropping;
5) 1% of american homes are in foreclosure;
6) the dow is probing another low .. $2.5 trillion dollars has evaporated their stocks, bonds and mutual funds investment portfolios.
Yes, in 2006 america voted for 'change'....
Remember, the president has no control over any of these issues..only congress!! And what has congress done in the last two years?? Absolutely nothing!!
Now, the democratic candidate for president claims he is going to really give us a 'change,' along with a democratic congress!