View Single Post
Unread 06-17-2008, 05:26 PM   #34 (permalink)
Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiro123 View Post
3 years old can be very impatient and easily frustrated. I know because my parents told me a lot about when I was that age. My parents are hearing and they didn't know how to deal with this type of situation either. I was a very difficult child. My brother is HOH too so that doubles the trouble for them.

Just hang in there! every single day gets better and better. sometimes you'll have some horrible days but it still gets better. it doesn't hurt to teach her to play piano. It helped for me.
Piano??? Won't that add onto the noise?

I also heard that wall to wall bookshelf will cut down the sounds. I think it is a good idea for her to catch the love of reading when there are all those books. I won't be surprised if she is quiet while reading a book. I know she is 3 now but I am thinking of few years later.

You can get used books cheap. I know of a place where used books are free. Keep your eyes peeled for used books... that is if you do go for this.

“The problem is not that the (deaf) students do not hear. The problem is that the hearing world does not listen. “- Rev Jesse L. Jackson ( American Civil Rights Activist, Minister)
Buffalo is offline   Reply With Quote